Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence wants to interest students in manufacturing careers, show career opportunities available in today’s manufacturing, and improve youth’s confidence in STEM skills.
Making an Impact
Supporting youth outreach is an investment in the future manufacturing workforce. Since 2006, we have:
- Worked with our partner colleges to host quality STEM-related events that promote modern manufacturing careers.
- Funded 121 career expos and summer camps that develop STEM skills and highlight local industry
- Reached over 7,300 students.
Supporting events isn’t enough— Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence also works to capture best practices and measure the impact made.
According to the 2016 summer camp surveys, after the camp was over:
- 97% had increased confidence in their STEM abilities.
- 94% learned about manufacturing and making things.
- 95% were more aware of manufacturing careers.
- 85% were more interested in manufacturing careers.