Getting Started in Online Courses
Online learning requires that you be self-reliant, organized and prepared. The following checklist will get you ready for your class!
Checklist Once Registered
- Review your computer, Internet, and software requirements to be sure that your computer meets minimum specifications. You will need daily and reliable Internet access.
- Take this time to locate a good study space. We recommend a quiet place with good lighting. Organize a space to keep your textbooks and course materials.
- Log in to your eServices account
- Verify that you registered for the course you wanted by looking at your class schedule
- Use the course drop/add feature to make any changes to your official class schedule
- For each college where you are taking a course:
- Login to your D2L Brightspace account
- Access and read your college email account frequently. Faculty, college(s), and the Minnesota Manufactured Online Support Center will communicate important information via your college email account.
One Month Before Courses Start
- Pay for courses
- This is necessary to keep your course seat reserved
- View your Balance Due in your eServices
- Make a Payment or enroll in a payment plan with the college(s) providing your course(s)
Three Weeks Before Courses Start
- Order Books and Course Materials for your CMAE course(s)
- Mark your calendar with the starting and ending dates for your course(s)
First Day of Class
- Login to D2L Brightspace and get started!
- Always read emails from faculty, college(s), and the Minnesota Manufactured Online Support Center as these include important updates and reminders