Students taking the four MSSC® aligned courses through the Minnesota Manufactured Program have the skills and knowledge to pass MSSC® certification exams and earn the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician certification.
Why Manufacturing Certification
1. Complete 4 Courses
- Safety Awareness (CMAE 1514)
- Quality Practices (CMAE 1522)
- Manufacturing Processes & Production (CMAE 1518)
- Maintenance Awareness (CMAE 1526)
- Online through college partners
- Hands-on at your high school with credentialed instructor
2. Take MSSC Exams
Arrange for testing at nearest MSSC Certified Assessment Center.
The Benefits of Certification
Minnesota manufacturing salaries are 25% higher than other industries.1
Manufacturing careers rank in the top 3 industries in the U.S.2
Safe and Secure
Today’s manufacturers invest in safety at all a levels to ensure employee safety.
3.5 million new manufacturing jobs in the U.S. from 2016-2026.3
SOURCES: 1 MN D.E.E.D. 2 glassdoor.org 3 The Manufacturing Institute. The Skills Gap, 2015
3+ million manufacturing jobs will be needed over the next decade.
SOURCE: Deloitte Center for Industry Insights