COVID-19 Response and Resources
CTE Educator Collaboration Forums
The Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence is Here For You Now! This page provides you with information to help you navigate educational challenges during this global pandemic. Please join us at our upcoming forums and check out the rest of the information below.
- Manufacturing Solutions Webinars (https://www.mpma.com/news/495368/Webinar-Series-Manufacturing-Solutions-to-COVID-19-Challenges.htm
- Quality Matters Best Practices Resource Emergency Remote Instruction Checklists for K-12 and Higher Education (includes a video introduction to the tools)
- Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence Resources
- Career Success Skills Modules specific to manufacturing available for free download: https://www.mnmfg.org/educators/career-success-skills-learning-modules. Includes power points, teacher guides, videos, student workbooks.
- Manufacturing Career Exploration Resources
- Manufacturing Career Tool: mnmfg.org/students/manufacturing-career-tool with facts about careers in manufacturing, videos, and a fun quiz for students to determine which careers in manufacturing may be a good fit for them.
- An Introduction to Manufacturing in Minnesota Teacher Guide: download a free copy! Includes ready-made lessons for students grades 6-12 to explore careers in manufacturing.
- Career Videos: visit the Minnesota Manufactured Youtube Channel for lots of great videos including career facts, people talking about their jobs, and highlights of Minnesota manufacturing companies. Be sure to check out the videos featuring women talking about their careers in manufacturing!
- Badge Pathway: Students can earn badges for career exploration activities. To learn more visit mnmfg.org/students/badge-pathway or watch the Badge Pathway Video
Resource Websites in One Place!
- Resource List from Manufacturing Forum held March 20, 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEbUNd9TpbkE_DRwwskz-u0n9_OAqzJb1qqmWQNECuQ/edit
- CTE Coalition: https://ctecoalition.com/ – provides a list of industry partners with resources available to support online learning; includes companies such as camInstructor, HAAS, ToolingU, SkillsUSA
- FLATE/ET Modules – Curriculum available for a variety of engineering technology and manufacturing courses: http://flate.pbworks.com/w/page/49891236/ET%20Modules
- ULinc – curriculum for welding: https://education.lincolnelectric.com/products/curriculum/u-linc/
- Multisim – Free tool you can use to create and simulate electrical circuits: multisim.com
- Immerse to Learn – virtual online training system for manufacturing and automation: https://web.immerse2learn.com/web/my-login/
- OnShape – online CAD system that can run on tablet or phone: OnShape.com