Call for proposals
We seek proposals that increase the knowledge and preparedness of secondary and post-secondary educators. The proposals should provide either a hands-on experience, identify trends and innovations, provide leading-edge industry knowledge, or educational best practices for teaching in-demand Career and Technical Education skills.
The 2MTEC Planning Committee surveyed our manufacturing educator audience. The results indicated tracks that were most important to CTE educators. These tracks are Employability Skills, Robotics & Mechatronics, Welding & Fabrication, Quality Control, Machining, and Additive Manufacturing.
Survey results indicated the most in-demand topics for Career and Technical Educators include:
- Technical Skills
- Industry Tours
- Industry Demonstrations
- Industry Trends
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment
- Business, Industry, Engagement
- Manufacturing Technology
- Secondary / Post Secondary Instructor Interactions
- Work-based Learning
- Simulated Learning Experience
- Manufacturing Vendor Connections
A successful session proposal will:
- Support Career and Technical Education instruction
- Offer one of the following:
- Hands-on experience
- Identify trends and innovations
- Provide leading-edge industry knowledge
- Educational practices in teaching CTE skills
- Include ways to engage session attendees
- Incorporate concrete steps for action or tangible takeaways for attendees
- Motivate attendees to implement new techniques for teaching CTE courses
The Conference Planning Committee is interested in proposals from diverse education and industry sectors. Session times are approximately 60 minutes, and should have time for questions.
Fill out the form here https://mnmfg.org/2mtec-cfp-form/.